In un cortile interno del City Palace di Jaipur, ci sono 4 piccole porticine molto carine e molto fotografabili, dedicate alle 4 stagioni e a 4 dei indù.
Questa in foto è la porta dedicata all'estate e alle divinità di Shiva e Parvati, due innamorati, decorata con petali e fiori di Loto 🌸
Il City Palace è l'attuale residenza della famiglia reale di Jaipur 🏰
What a year it has been! I've chosen 5 of my most memorable photos to date for the @natgeoyourshot#natgeomazdacontest , each with its own unique story in my travel book. I hope to share these stories and more in the near future.
1. The Acqua Vergine aqueduct in Rome dates back over 1,700 years and is still in use. Today, this 37m (121ft) maintenance shaft is accessed only by a few people along an unassuming street corridor in the city center.
2. Ramona Falls is one of the stops along the 39-mile Timberline trail which circumnavigates Mount Hood. Day or night, rain or shine, this waterfall is one of the most cherished by backpackers as one of the best sources of water along the trail.
3. A clear July night in Grand Teton National Park is sought by many, but sometimes it's hard to cooperate with the weather. This shot comes just before an intense nighttime thunderstorm along Mormon Row.
4. The rainforest surrounding Parque Nacional Volcán Arenal near La Fortuna, Costa Rica is home to thousands of species of reptiles. Ranging in size from this thumb-sized green anole to iguanas weighing 4kg (8.8lb). Some nighttime hikes and day excursions in the rainforest revealed the incredible variety of wildlife these rainforests have to offer.
5. A 13-mile backcountry canyoneering or hiking trip along Left Fork of North Creek in Zion National Park turns seemingly subterranean as the canyon walls close in to form a slot canyon. This "subway" is amongst the most unique features of the park, but also the most difficult to get to.
You took away so much more from me than I originally thought. You took away the things that ignite my soul. The things that drove me to better myself. My passion. My desire. My ability to believe in myself. But I can’t give you that power anymore. I’m taking back control over my life. You may have taken all that away but I’m the one who is going to come out of this ahead. I will find my fire again and when I do, I can’t wait to watch you burn.
1021 hour ago
Muir Woods National Monument, CA
To go, and make do, to get back to nature
To live, and breathe, to see but not to own
“Camp Out” by JFA #californiacaptures
Bonus points if you can zoom in and spot the sculptured faces on the temple.
4021 hour ago
And here is one of Australia’s natural wonders showing off again. Have you travelled the Great Ocean Road to visit the 12 Apostles yet?
4951 hour ago
My dream is not to be homeless anymore. To have a regular life, have friends, and be able to go over to their house—the little things that I used to have. That's the hardest thing for us when/if we do get off the street because we don't have any other friends besides those who are also homeless. What I want people to know is, I was just like you before, I was no different.
My name is Brett; I'm 56 years old. I became homeless due to health issues. I had a stroke in 2008 and a heart attack in 2015. Before I was homeless, I worked in construction. My doctor said I am unemployable due to my health. I have applied for SSI and have continually been denied. I feel like they are waiting for me to die.
Finding a place to eat, sleep, and clean up are my biggest needs. I have so many worries when I’m out here. It's hard because I can't just focus on one thing; I have to focus on everything at once.
I have been friends with Brett for six months now. We have been working on steps to transition back into regular life. Currently, I am here with Brett in his hotel room that we were able to rent for him for a few days. Any comments that are left for him will be shared with him live; what I am hoping to do is show Brett how many people love and believe in him.
Working on putting together my post about my lil trip to Plano a bit ago & alllll the food I consumed🤪😛🤤🤫 I loved getting to stay at the @nylodallasplano hotel 🥳 It has such cool industrial vibes 🌀 I always sleep so well at hotels because the mattress and comforter are much nicer than what I have LOL I could’ve slept foreverrrr there 😂 can’t wait to share my blog post with y’all! ✨🤓
19151 hour ago
there wasn’t a dull moment shooting with this group of people! weather may not have been terrific but we managed to make it work 🌥🌥
3rd to last adventure of the year🤙🏻
I made a list of all the great things I did this year and honestly I was blown away. I began the year with a road trip down the coast of Florida and everything that happened after that was completely unplanned, including my first (and only so far) tattoo. In less than two months we’ll enter a new decade and I couldn’t be more excited. I have no idea what’s to come, but as long as I have the courage to take another step, I’ll always be moving forward. 2019 was incredible, here’s to the holidays and a new era in 2020🤟🏻